Rain Barrel Rebate
Prepare for the rainy season by installing a rain barrel! Rebates of up to $200 are now available.
In partnership with the San Mateo Countywide Water Pollution Prevention Program (a program of the City/County Association of Governments of San Mateo County), BAWSCA and participating member agencies are offering rebates of up to $200 per rain barrel or cistern for the purchase and installation of qualifying rain barrels.
For the fastest rebate, APPLY ONLINE. You will need your water account number in order to register for an online account and submit your application.
- APPLY ONLINE
- Rain Barrel Rebate Application for San Mateo County Residents
- Rain Barrel Rebate Application for Non San Mateo County Residents
- Rain Barrel Rebate Program Terms and Conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Rain Barrel Rebate Helpful Resources
- Installation and Maintenance Guidelines
- Use Guidelines and Health Information
- Mosquito Prevention Guidelines– San Mateo County
- Mosquito Prevention Guidelines- Alameda County
How do I receive a rebate?
You may be eligible for two rebates totaling up to $200 for your rain barrel or cistern purchase, including:
- Up to $150 from the San Mateo Countywide Water Pollution Prevention Program for San Mateo County installations
- Up to $50 from participating BAWSCA water agencies or the City of San Mateo
Total combined rebate is up to $200 per qualifying rain barrel or cistern or up to the total cost of the rain barrel, not including sales tax, whichever is less.
New rebated amounts are effective July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022
- Rain barrels with a 50-99 gallon capacity:
$50 (+ $50 from participating member agencies) = Up to $100 rebate per rain barrel
- Rain barrels with a 100-199 gallon capacity:
$100 (+ $50 from participating member agencies) = Up to $150 rebate per rain barrel
- Rain barrels or cisterns with a 200+ gallon capacity:
$150 (+ $50 from participating member agencies) = Up to $200 rebate per rain barrel/cistern
To obtain your rebate, please APPLY ONLINE!
Member Agencies offering Rain Barrel Rebate
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Millbrae, City of||Up to 200.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Brisbane, City of||Up to 200.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Burlingame, City of||Up to 200.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||East Palo Alto||Up to 150.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||San Mateo County||Up to 150.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Coastside County Water District||Up to 150.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Daly City, City of||Up to 200.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Estero Municipal Improvement District||Up to 150.00||Foster City|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Mid-Peninsula Water District||Up to 200.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||North Coast County Water District||Up to 200.00||Pacifica|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||San Mateo, City of||Up to 200.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Redwood City, City of||Up to 200.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||San Bruno, City of||Up to 200.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Sunnyvale, City of||Up to 50.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Hillsborough, Town of||Up to 150.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Westborough Water District||Up to 150.00||Daly City, San Bruno, South SF|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Alameda County Water District||Up to 50.00||Fremont, Newark, Union City|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Hayward, City of||Up to 50.00|
|Rain Barrel Rebate||Menlo Park, City of||Up to 200.00|
Rebates & Giveaways
$300 flat rebate for Rain Garden installation.